Reply by North American Power

We're truly sorry to hear that this customer did not enjoy their experience with North American Power. We would like to emphasize that we clearly state that our advertised price for our variable rate is an introductory rate on our marketing materials, website, and Terms of Service. We do our very best to offer our current customers the most competitive rates we can because variable rate customers can leave our service at any time, without penalty. The cost of purchasing our energy varies, however, and there are times when our variable rates need to rise to reflect increases. Fortunately, we now offer 6 and 12 month fixed rate plans that guarantee our rate will remain the same for 6 or 12 billing cycles. For customers that prefer price stability, this may be the best option. For additional information on our rates and plans, we encourage customers to visit napower.com or call 888-313-9086.
Author's

As a new permanent resident in the USA from South Africa, I believed every advertisement and statement in the media. After receiving about 7 brochures from North American Power asking New Jersey residents ‘ HAVE YOU LOWERED YOUR ELECRTICITY RATE YET? ’ - I unfortunately responded in March ’12.

I am still receiving those black cards from North American Power stating their price to be 7.99c per kwh as from 1st October 2012 and their price NOT to change based on usage.

Well that is a lie and not the case, because on my December 2012 Account for ELECTRICITY:

- the present North American Power price for generation is 12.487c per kwh

- while now the Jersey Central Power and Light price is only 10.551c per kwh

On a fixed income this is a serious matter that deserves my immediate attention.

I have now learned my lesson and shall never again fall for any scam or claim that is actually to good to be true.

Had an Experience with North American Power?

Comments

Newark, New Jersey, United States #691650

1 Million percent scam artist!

Orlando, Florida, United States #588877

I have been investigating this company for over a month as they have both a retail or residential side and a home business opportunity, one I am considering hard.

They advertise the Renewable Energy source of either 25% or 100% and two different costs based upon your choice.

If the disgruntled S. African transplant is unaware of the rate or plan he picked, it is his own fault and going online to cast aspersions and attempt to claim they are a "rate-scam" is ridiculous.

Consumers are able to make their own intelligent decisions based upon facts but the person who is the p.o.'d consumer here seems more ignorant of what NA Power offers and what he chose to sign up for.

If he did like the others that have referred friends and family to a Green Energy source at competitive or slightly higher rates for 100% renewable, then he might even get a monthly rebate like the other consumer in these post's.

Always invest your time and read the fine print and before defaming a company online, do your homework and try to contact the company to resolve the issue.

RE: the person who got the double billing, any Utility can fix their error and are required to do so, we had the same situation here in Orlando with a mis read meter and usage of 4 times the norm. We called and the next bill reflected the mistake and correct amount due.

to due diligence #611877

What you wrote is dead on.Thank you so much for your comment.

Good for you for really researching before making sure a big decision. If you have any questions about the business opportunity or even the customer side you can email me at prestridgefamily08@yahoo.com.

I hope you have a great day.:)

to due diligence #619928

Work for the company and they are a scam and rip off. So until you get you head out of your rear and stop being rude to people just because they didn't get the joy of being born here. You yourself needs to just help yourself and get a job and a life since your comment represents your ignorance so you must not have finished school.

grinwithin

I switched in July 2010 as soon as NJ was on the grid and have saved on average between 7-25% compared to JCP&L's rates.

There is NO UTILITY COMPANY that offers a rate that does not change. The rates factor a number of things based on supply/demand. In summer when folks run air conditioning, and we have high electric use the rates skyrocket. In the aftermath of Sandy, JCP&L and PSE&G almost doubled their rates to accommodate for their losses and costs of infrastructure repair. I noted that North American Power's rates did rise but only by a fraction of the KWH charge that the other utilities charge.

Aside from that, I referred about a dozen family members/friends and I get a rebate of about $50 every month sent to my checking account. Not sure how I got the rebate but I am not arguing it.

to grinwithin #611870

Thank you so much for your comment. It is exactly what I was thinking reading all the posts.

to grinwithin #611873

The awesome bonus you are getting is the free business opportunity NAP offers.The more people you refer the more you will make.

You get paid every month when the people you refer pays their bills. The more people you refer the bigger your checks will get.

Good luck with your business and if you have any questions about the business opportunity you can email me at prestridgefamily08@yahoo.com.:)

Not sure if company is a scam, but I do know they made a big mistake in my December bill, in which they double charged for my electricity usage.Not sure I'm comfortable with this company if they're not able to come up with a correct dollar amount.

How often does this type of mistake happen with them?I only noticed the mistake in my December statement because the charges were nearly 4 times what they were in November.

to jaycee #611878

About your December bill... when hurricane Sandy came through the east coast it caused a lot of problems and caused rates to go up tremendously for all companies. But it was only for that month and the rates HAVE gone down since then.

About your bill being messed up. That has NOTHING to do with North American Power. NAP is only the supplier that sends the clean electric to the provider. Any billing problems, wire problems, or other electric related problems are your main providers fault. Whether that be Met-Ed, JCP&L, PPL, Jersey Central Power, etc. North American Power only takes care of the rates.

I hope this has helped. Have a great day :)

NAP2SCAMU2
to Here2Help Mountainside, New Jersey, United States #654115

YES, SAVE MONEY ON YOUR ELECTRIC BILL, FOR 1 MONTH ONLY, THEN IT'S HIGHER THAN EVER BEFORE. I CALLED NAP WHEN MY 2ND HIGH BILL CAME AND WAS INFORMED THAT AFTER THE 1ST MONTH, THE RATE VARIES BASED ON DEMAND.....THIS WAS IN MARCH. SO I ASKED "HOW COULD THE DEMAND BE HIGH FOR ELECTRICITY, IT'S ONLY MARCH AND COLD IN NJ AND I'M STILL USING MY HEAT TO WARM THE HOUSE." THE PLEASANT REP SAID THAT IT'S WARM IN MANY OTHER STATES. SO I SAID "SO WHEN SUMMER REALLY HITS EVERYWHERE, HOW HIGH WILL NAP'S RATE BE THEN, DOUBLE, TRIPLE??" HE SAID I COULD GET THE LOW .799 RATE FOR 1 MORE MONTH AND THEN IT WOULD AGAIN FLUCTUATE BASED ON DEMAND AGAIN. SO I "NOT SO POLITELY" VOICED MY OPINION ON THIS SCAM OF A COMPANY AND IMMEDIATELY SWITCHED BACK TO PSE&G.

WARNING...IT TAKES A FEW MONTHS TO ALSO DUMP THIS PIECE OF LYING *** COMPANY CALLED NORTH AMERICAN POWER ONCE YOU ARE SUCKERED INTO THEIR BAIT AND BEND OVER PRICING STRUCTURE.

ADVICE...HANG UP....IGNORE THEIR ADS...DONT GET COUGHT NAPing LIKE WE ALL WERE.

comments